dimanche 23 septembre 2007

La Tour Eiffel

The first 10 minutes of every hour after dusk the Eiffel Tower sparkles with lights. 20, 000 little bulbs that make a big hunk of metal even more cool that it already is. I went to the top once and popped open a bottle of champagne with my sister. I think we even took the stairs down. I've also enjoyed take-out sushi under it with my mom... she had never seen it sparkle before. It’s definitely something to do if you come here even if you don't want to do 'touristy' things. I think it’s romantic that Tom proposed to Katie up there, sometimes it’s nice to be kitschy. It WAS romantic!

They say it was saved from being torn down by having antenna installed at the top since of course the French found it an eyesore. They love to complain or snub their noses at anything they can. I found the episode of Sex in the City when SJP was in Paris very real-to-life as the French girl’s comments towards it were so negative. But well, it helps to make Paris very wealthy and to fund many of the social programs that the French can take advantage of.

This photo was taken outside a friends apartment, I walked outside and Bam! It was right there & sparkling… enchanting.

1 commentaire:

natalie@theliquidmuse.com a dit…

Great photo - and we must pop another bottle up there next time I'm in Pah-ree...

xo